Creative on the Rise!
Introducing Shireen!
Shireen is an exceptionally talented and gifted poet, with remarkable passion and determination to make impactful strides in the world through her craft and this is very obvious in her zeal and consistency in the world of Literature, specifically poetry which speaks for itself. Her relatable and brilliant style of writing is exactly why Shireen is now here on the most prestigious writers platform in the world.
Today, we take a foray into the world of Shireen with excerpts below detailing her amazing story.
"I would firstly like to start by saying a big “ Thank you”. Starting on a note of gratitude.
I’m Shireen, a poetess, a yoga enthusiast, a nature lover and a special educator. I reside in Hyderabad, India. I have one daughter Nazneen, who’s pursuing her passion in becoming a swimming instructor. I have done my bachelors with psychology and literature and worked on different counselling courses as diplomas.
I started my journey in writing with an article written for a youth magazine. It was titled “ A lonely , neglected teenager ” . I was in grade 11 then. It was well received by a global youth magazine. They went on to publish about three more articles of mine. After that there was a complete lull for almost 20 years. I did not pen a single word. Incidentally in college, my literature teacher would always approve of my answers and I would manage to top the class. I still remember distinctly that day, when she had told me” You have the flair for writing, if you go on to pursue it, you will do remarkably well”
It was a lot coming from her.
It took one beautiful dawn after nearly two decades to reactivate the dormant passion for writing to come alive. The chirping of birds, the cloudy skies and my gud ole mug of cappuccino were the reasons , I started penning down again.
Every morning it became a beautiful compulsion in me to write. I started writing about things around me. Social causes and my biggest inspiration was my students .
We come with so many talents, but honestly how many of us get a chance to truly unveil and make use of it.
From them, I learnt the true pursuit of happiness. Say it aloud what you feel. For me, of course it was my writing.
I had a blog which I have taken a break from. Will be reactivating it . I wrote many short stories with sequels, articles and poems. To show my gratitude to my living Poetry community. I do short gratitude journaling workshops as well. In my city, I’m actively involved with reading clubs and poetry groups.
Lately I have been doing another writing exercise, which greatly helps. It’s Julia Cameron’s approach, following her book” An artist’s way”.
You wake up first thing in the morning and before doing anything just write, whatever you feel like. You can even draw. That greatly helps.
Traveling is another passion, I enjoy pursuing. I feel your creative self is best unleashed in foreign locales, amidst gorgeous sunsets and breathtaking sunrise. The stunning landscape, the still beautiful mountains they have the power to awaken a soul stirring verse which might otherwise could have been veiled!
My only legacy I truly would love to leave, long after my breath ceases is for readers to feel the power of my words. If it could heal someone, if it could awaken a sense of peace, a much awaited moment, they had been sincerely searching for in earnest!
I still remember this incident, when one day a poet inboxed me with these kind words” Shireen your poem was what I needed today, I was going through such a difficult phase, it brought peace and solace to troubled mind, after reading it”
This is what I would truly like.
My other dream is to one day hold my published book of poems and short stories in my hands!
Lastly I would like to truly show my appreciation and sincere gratitude for doing this for us. A big thank you for giving us this platform to showcase our words!"
Shireen has a very bright future in the world of poetry and creative arts, and her unveil as a "Creative on the rise" is well deserved recognition for her talents.
By Joseph Spencer. Ph.D
(Founder/Collab Tour)