Creative on the rise!
Introducing Christena!
Christena is a fantastic creative writer and gifted poet, with remarkable passion and determination to make impactful strides in the world through her craft and this is very obvious in her zeal and consistency in the world of Literature, specifically poetry which speaks for itself. Her brilliant style of writing is exactly why she is now here on the most prestigious writers platform in the world.
Today, we take a foray into the world of Christena with excerpts below detailing her amazing story.
I have always preferred the creative side of English. Grammar and I are not as natural as breath and I are.
I started writing when I was small. I wrote quarter-page unfinished stories off quotes I had heard once. I wrote poems about willows I passed on beach vacations, and I wrote my earliest memories. I wrote one about my mother cooking while I was in another room, about my father running late, and how the kitchen forgot what a pan inside a motivated hand looked like.
I have always been highly observant, but situations become easier for me to metabolize, and emotions easier to articulate, once I have sat down, analyzed them, and understood why I had them.
I graduated in Human Biology and double minored in Nutrition and Psychology. There was creative structure in drawing out which reaction would yield a particular molecular presentation in organic chemistry. Often, several different reactions can secure the same ending.
I am now a mother of three. I still love science, especially research, but I have also always wanted a loud house, feral children, and big love to be had in small rituals.
Around twenty-five, I started writing the version of me people read now. That was when I wrote sugar, it’s all greek to me, and it is what it is.
I never intended for those poems to be read.
They were private, but I could feel they were beyond accounting. They had structure. I had a world to contain, to make sense of, to build, and to leave on a page.
They were trying to hold the embodiment of myth, the origin and corrosion of a relationship, the inflammation within domestic life, and the inheritance that bleeds everywhere you look.
They carried so much because I never knew if or when I might need to write again.
Then October of 2025 happened. My brain broke in a disgustingly beautiful way over something worthy of such a break. I realized I was deconstructed, stripped back to bones, and I used pen, paper, and Google Docs to reassemble the woman I am now and the little girl I always was.
Around the same time, my brother started writing a novel. My sister pushed me to share my work. Somewhere in that convergence, I started writing again. And I could not stop.
I love math. I love angles. Writing allows me to look from each side of a triangle. Then it allows me to push the triangle through the plane, through paper, and build it from inside the imagination.
As I kept writing, I stopped trying to sound impressive. I know science. I know language. I learned the difference between what looks smart and what is intelligent. I learned the difference between what sounds original and what becomes inevitable.
I learned that my house had a floor plan you had never seen, but once you walked through it, there could be no other way.
That is what I want from every poem that carries my name.
I tend to write in the place between feeling or recognizing something and naming it. I do not ever want to tell you how I am feeling. I want you to read once and feel it yourself.
I want you to read again and see why it made you feel that way.
I also write honestly. Not likably. Not sympathetically. Not always rightly. I want to give you evidence instead of explanation.
I want my poetry to be read. I want it to be criticized. I want it to be revered. I want to know what you felt and I want to know if it lingers.
And if you read it again five years from now, I want to know what changed. Was it the poem or yourself?"
Christena has consummate personality and her talents will surely lead her straight to the top.
Susan E. Wiles
Editor