Creative on the rise!

Introducing Meg!
Meg Yu  is an exceptionally talented and gifted poet, with remarkable passion and determination to make impactful strides in the world through her craft and this is very obvious in her zeal and consistency in the world of Literature, specifically poetry which speaks for itself. Her relatable and brilliant style of writing is exactly why Meg Yu is now here on the most prestigious writers platform in the world. 
Today, we take a foray into the world of Meg with excerpts below detailing her amazing story.


Meg Yu is a thoughtful poet and lifelong student of the human experience whose writing is deeply rooted in reflection and personal growth. With an academic background in human health and comparative biomedical science, Meg brings together her fascination with the sciences, psychology, spirituality, and the arts in a way that is uniquely her own. Her poetry is an intimate exploration of life, identity, relationships, love, grief, and the many experiences that shape us into who we are.


I am Meg Yu, a poet and creative with a deep interest in the human experience. My writing can be found on Instagram and Substack under the name “betweenyouandmeg.” The name reflects what I hope my writing can create, a quiet space of connection between myself and the reader. I hold a Bachelor of Arts in Human Health and a Master of Science in Comparative Biomedical Science. My academic background has given me a strong appreciation for the complexity of the human body and mind, but my creative life has always reminded me that there is so much more to being human than what can be measured or explained. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to be featured and to be welcomed into this community of writers and creatives. As a new poet, it means so much to have a space where I can share my word and learn from others. Thank you for creating a community that encourages connection. I feel honored and blessed to be a part of it, thank you!
I grew up as a Filipino-American in the South, surrounded by a family of healthcare professionals who instilled in me the importance of empathy, family, relationships, and caring for others. At the same time, creativity was always a significant part of my upbringing. Music and the arts were woven into our family life, and from an early age I was encouraged to explore different forms of creative expression.
As a child, I also grew up in a time when we did not have the technology that is so readily available to children today. I grew up playing piano, dancing, and participating in theater. These experiences taught me that creativity can be expressed in many different ways, and that art gives us a language of its own. Journaling and writing also became important ways for me to process my thoughts and experiences. Writing gave me a private space to slow down and understand what I was feeling. It was never something I had to force.
I took creative writing courses in both high school and college, while many of my college studies were also centered around psychology and an understanding of human behavior. These two worlds, science and creativity, have always existed side by side in my life. I have always been fascinated by what makes us human: why we feel what we feel, how our experiences shape us, how we love, how we grieve, and how we find our way through difficult seasons. Poetry gives me the opportunity to explore those questions without always needing to arrive at a definitive answer.
In 2018, I became a certified 200-hour yoga teacher, an experience that further deepened my growth in my own physical and spiritual health. Grounding, in the physical sense, has become an important part of my life as well as writing. There is something powerful about being able to return to the present moment, especially when life feels overwhelming or uncertain. I believe poetry provides a similar kind of grounding and connection to ourselves and others.
I especially enjoy writing short poems and haikus. There is something beautiful about saying a great deal with very few words. A short poem can capture a moment, an emotion, or an entire experience in just a handful of lines. For me, the simplicity can be just as powerful as something expansive.
I think one of the most beautiful things about poetry is that something can begin as deeply personal and still resonate with someone else. I may write about an experience that belongs entirely to me, but somewhere along the way, another person may see themselves in those words. I hope my writing can offer a moment of connection or reflection to whoever encounters it. 
I hope to one day publish a book of poetry, bringing together my own reflections about the world around me, how grief, divorce, parenthood, and my social relationships have shaped who I am to connect with others. Poetry is more than simply putting words on a page. It is a form of grounding, a means of processing, and a way of honoring the experiences that have shaped my life. It is where my scientific curiosity and creative spirit meet.
In a world that often encourages us to move quickly, my hope with my words is to find a reason to pause, one poem at a time.

Meg Yu is a supremely talented poet and the sky is just her starting point.



By Joseph Spencer(P.Hd)
Collab Tour/Founder. 

Popular posts from this blog

INTERVIEW SPECIAL!

Interview Special

Interview Special